This question is mostly asked on google by people because they do not know the exact method of “How to remove the panel under the steering wheel?”
So we thought to bring an article for you with almost all relevant details and knowledge and the actual procedure, regarding the question “how to remove the panel under the steering wheel.”
These types of explanations are better with videos. So we’ve embedded an excellent video tutorial that we’ve found on the internet that explains the method of doing that very well. The credits of those videos are for their original creators because we do not own any of those videos.
How to remove the lower dash panel under the steering wheel?; The exact steps
- First under How to remove the panel under the steering wheel, you need to attack the two lower screws at the corners. Usually, those screws are in size 08[but can vary in some vehicles], so you need to have a standard socket size 08 key.
- Once you have removed one screw, get on to the other one and remove it also.
- So after removing those two screws, we’ve got a hidden screw coming from the side, so remove it, and then another hidden screw is there, which is coming from behind. So right after you’ve removed all the screws, the next thing is to get the whole thing out.
- So, what you have to do is grab the entire cover tightly and safely draw it toward. Sometimes it can be pretty tight, but it is not a problem. But if it is tight, you have to check back whether all the screws are already removed or not.
- So you’ve got these just these little kinds of compression clips on both sides. All they do is a slot into the tiny gap in there, so that’s all it is so the whole thing goes straight in clipped into place and then to remove it and come straight out.
- So about is the top trim removed and good to go.
- After that upper trim is removed, you can see you’ve gained access to another two extra screws. The size of the two screws hose is also the same as the earlier removed screws.
- Get both of those removed, one on either side. They find that they’re staging. The last screw, the whole thing, is very loose, so it’ll be kind to help hold it on the draw the hand from underneath the electrical connector in there, which is for the diagnostic port.
- So get that rare release next to the other connector you may well have as the light connector. Here you can see that one’s already disconnected when you removed it.
- You didn’t actually remove that, you see two Spade connectors, and you can just fall into those Spade connectors off. That’s easy enough, and then for the diagnostic port itself, you see the little tab on the front.
- Finally in how to remove the panel under the steering wheel, Same on the back; just squeezing those two together got the whole thing a bit of a wobble-like. So and that’s your red diagnostic port removed.
What if it does not come out?
If it is not coming out, you can try the following procedure, for how to remove the panel under the steering wheel.
Pull out the dashboard and down the top edge of it. Near the top, there is one clip on each side. Plastic hooks act as a “hinge” to keep the bottom in place. Place one finger on each side of the opening and turn the steering wheel all the way up.
So as you can see, guys that are the lower – panel wholly removed from the car and ready to go.
Pay attention to the safety of the vehicle.
Repairs or any changes in a vehicle have to be always done with proper knowledge or guidance. A simple mistake can lead to a more significant issue that makes you a more considerable cost in the future.
When discuss about the how to remove the panel under the steering wheel, you have to pay attention and take care of the vehicle’s wiring system. To remove the screws and the dashboard firmly without doing any damage to the wirings. If any damage happens there, you will suddenly lose some functions associated with the battery and Electricity.
Also, you need to be careful of the knobs that fit the dashboard onto the vehicle because if you’ve braked one or more of those, you will find it more challenging when setting it back at its place. So if you are not sure that you cannot do it alone, safely, then it would be best to get help from someone else.
FAQ’s about How to remove the panel under the steering wheel?.
Next, we will bring you some video tutorials that we’ve found on YouTube, which we thought would help you with these types of problems. We’ve decided to help you with those video tutorials because we thought it would be more effective for you to undertint the methodology more practically than just reading something.
All the credits of these YouTube videos go to their original creators with a lot of respect and a handful of thanks.
Mini cooper lower dash removal.
How to remove the panel under the steering wheel Dodge caliber.
How to remove the panel under the steering wheel Tacoma?
How do you take the panel off a Jeep steering wheel?
How to remove the panel under the steering wheel Chevy Silverado?
How to remove the 2011 Toyota Venza lower dash panel?
So, thank you for being with us until the end of the how to remove the panel under the steering wheel. If you have more questions, do not hesitate to leave a comment below.
We are very straightforward to help you resolve your problem, and if you know something more than the details that we’ve written here, please leave a comment for the other people looking for an answer. And if you have more matter of car engine check the link below.